Accounts Payable Supervisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Based at our Shared Service Centre in Manchester, the Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for leading a team within the Accounts Payable area in the provision of timely, accurate and compliant purchase to pay services across the UK and EMEA regions, whilst seeking out opportunities for process alignment and improvement.
- Provides timely, accurate and compliant accounts payable services within a strict control framework. Driving effective resolution of query management across key stakeholder groups (site financial management, purchasing groups, suppliers, cost centre managers)
- Creates work plans to define team priorities and coordinates team to ensure completion of tasks to strict SLAs and KPIs. Direct management and development of team members
- Seek out opportunities for process alignment and improvement, driving through Harmonization and GPO initiatives (including Ariba) within area of responsibility
- Providing ongoing support to Accounts Payable Leadership group and perform other ad-hoc reporting and financial analysis to line managers and stakeholders
- Min. 3 years’ experience within a Shared Service environment
- Experience of Accounts Payable across the EMEA region
- Proven track record of leading a successful and engaged team, striving to provide a ‘best in class’ AP function to the wider Lonza business
- Able to review and identify areas for process improvement that will drive a positive impact and more efficient service
- Full working knowledge of SAP and Excel
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.