Associate Director - Facilities
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Associate Director - Facilities is responsible for the smooth, efficient and reliable functioning of all of the operations of the plant site that relate to the following: Buildings and Grounds maintenance, non-GMP utilities, GMP and non-GMP cleaners, Security, non-GMP HVAC/Electrical and Café food services.
This position will manage the Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) Vendor for the site. The vendor(IFM) Site Manager reports to this position.
This is the senior facilities management position on site.
- Responsible for Portsmouth Lonza’s Integrated Facilities Management Program (IFM).
- Measure the performance of contract partners, including managing the supplier relationships, and conducting Business Reviews with internal sites and service partners to ensure performance targets are met.
- Deliver project management from budgeting, planning, risk management, partner/customer communications, and procurement to execution and measurement
- Lead and establish clear communications, clarify and resolve performance goals/issues, and promote new technologies in facility management to improve performance and value.
- Promote best practices sharing between the different Lonza sites and implement harmonization programs to assure quality service and delivery.
- Provide technology and digital solutions for facilities management at the manufacturing site to improve efficiency and delivery environmental sustainability benefits.
- Act as the key contributor to events planning; employee appreciation; recycling and other events onsite.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in an Engineering or Business related discipline
- Bachelor's degree preferred in an Engineering or Business related discipline
- Team player with exceptional customer service skills, integrity and ability to interact with all levels of personnel. Requires strong attention to detail and analytical skills as well as problem analysis and resolution.
- Work with partners to develop business cases and leads annual validation of benefits realization. Work with multiple partners to ensure knowledge sharing and the success to the overall program. Provide informed decisions leading to contract management, and negotiate yearly services and success measures. Lead governance and provide feedback to partner.
- Experience and skill in implementing engineering solutions, especially with application to building technologies and facilities controls. Engineering experience in facilities operations, such as HVAC control, lighting controls, or occupancy monitoring.
- In-Depth experience in facilities management/operations, security, engineering, and supplier relationship management. In-Depth engineering expertise in manufacturing, engineering, and facility process and trends to measure success in the IFM program. Provide expertise for engineering disciplines to support site engineering in strategic supplier relationship management.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.