Global Supply Chain Director - Inventory Management (f/m/d)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Biologics operates in a fast growing and increasingly competitive global environment. A supply chain function with strong customer focus, and agile and reliable delivery capabilities is instrumental for future success.
The Global Supply Chain Director - Inventory Management (f/m/d) runs multi-site and multi-BU projects and initiatives to improve processes and to resolve issues in the areas of planning, execution, inventory management with the aim to drive supply chain performance. The position reports Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators and suggests improvement actions.
- Defines Division inventory policy and implements across network. Defines action plans to achieve balanced inventory levels
- Leads SC and represents SC in x-functional projects with Operations, Purchasing, Finance, QA, to improve inventory performance by upgrading processes practices and by changing operating models
- Performs root cause analysis, defines actions plans and implements, provides status updates to stakeholders
- Works closely with Group SC Center of Excellence in implementing Lonza-wide initiatives. Leverages standard processes and systems including SAP, IBP, OMP
- Drives data integrity improvement activities
- Facilitates knowledge exchange and good practice sharing within network, connects SC community and subject matter experts
- Reports Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators, develops new KPIs, ensures data integrity, makes outcome available with stakeholders, suggests improvement actions
- Communicates successes and learnings within Supply Chain community
- Degree in Supply Chain & Logistics
- Extensive experience within Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Planning and Execution within the pharma or life sciences industry
- High expertise in conceptual design
- Strong leadership skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.