Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining our Shared Service centre in Manchester working within our dedicated VAT team. The main purpose of this role is to support the EMEA VAT compliance manager to deliver accurate VAT compliance reports in line with tax authority deadlines. You will be preparing and submitting monthly / quarterly VAT returns for EMEA in-scope countries by working autonomously to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organizations VAT returns. This includes filing relevant EU reports and providing monthly VAT GL account and turnover reconciliations.
- On time and technically accurate filing of VAT, EC sales list and Intrastat returns. Ensuring all relevant control sheets and corrections are filed, completed and followed up ensuring compliant and complete records
- Perform relevant monthly GL reconciliations including VAT to turnover, reconciliations of monthly returns to annual VAT submissions
- Execute VAT compliance tasks in a timely and accurate manner. Support in case of VAT audit or tax authority queries.
- Provide support and training to relevant stakeholder groups for VAT related topics; specifically use of SAP tax codes.
- Analyze processes and provide input for ways to streamline/improve the process. With VAT Team Lead review and implement controls to manage VAT compliance risks.
- Qualified or part qualified ATT/AAT OR equivalent qualification is preferred
- SSC experience preferred and VAT compliance experience essential
- Knowledge of ERP system (SAP, Oracle).
- Intermediate excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, sumifs)
- Good understanding of VAT compliance with the ability to display and discuss VAT technical knowledge
- High attention to detail and application of VAT technical knowledge to ensure Lonza submits accurate VAT reporting
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.