Process Transfer Group Leader
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Transfer Group Leader within our successful MSAT team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day line management of MSAT technical transfer team of supervisors and scientists supporting process transfer to Slough and/or Lonza’s global GMP manufacturing operations.
This role would suit a highly driven Manager that can provide technical leadership on all aspects of planning and execution of MSAT Tech transfer activities in support of GMP manufacturing operations. You will be required to technically influence change and support the business processes through cross functional interactions with both internal and external customers through the project life cycles and as required resolve complex process related manufacturing operational issues working closely with QA/QC and operations.
- Be accountable for line management, technical coaching, mentoring, setting, agreeing and monitoring performance goals for direct reports and overall team effectiveness including any required disciplinary actions
- Lead recruitment, training and development of all staff and manages performance in line with team and site goals and targets on safety, quality, cost efficiency, OTIF and Innovation
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to USP and DSP MSAT project teams in defining technical scope, planning, scheduling and overseeing the MSAT project management of tech transfer stages of work both pre and post batch execution according to site/customer requirements
- Deliver technical knowledge/expertise to support the team /site safety, compliance and Quality Systems activities required during GMP operations to ensure all team and site KPI’s are met and continually monitored and improved
- Work cross functionally with Operations, QA, SCPM and QC to ensure batch schedule adherence is maintained and as required out of hours support to manufacturing is supported appropriately
- Accountable with other MSAT managers to ensure all process transfer activities are coordinated and are delivered on time in full working cross functionally on a day-to-day basis with business partners and external customers
- MSc in the field of biological sciences or Biochemical Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role within MSAT
- Process knowledge of Biologics manufacturing process and associated requirements for upstream and downstream operations
- Ability to work in a fast paced (high change) role required by external customers to meet their requirements often to challenging timelines working cross functionally to achieve outcomes
- Knowledge of IT software and Lonza systems, e.g. SAP, DMS, Trackwise
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritization capabilities – demonstrated previous project management/people leadership skills
- Acts as a technical leader works across functions with excellent communication skills both oral and written – approachable and respected
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.