Automation Engineer ( RPA, IDP, BPM, Low Code Development)
United Kingdom, Manchester
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer to join our team in either Manchester (UK) or Milan (IT). The profile is a hands on role in business process intelligent automation topics that will liaise with internal and external stakeholders on a broad spectrum of topics ranging from RPA, IDP, BPM, Low Code App Development to Process / Task Mining, Chat Bots, AI, ML across various business processes organization wide.The role will be hands-on and technical in nature and will be a key role in our journey in building global platforms that will enable digital initiatives at scale
- Overall responsibility for developing and maintaining the Intelligent Automation platform eco-system at Lonza
- Establish robust governance framework and best practices to standardize and control solution development, deployment and maintenance
- Enable successful automations with the creation of 100 digital workers by 2025
- Liaise with partners in architecture, design and development of Intelligent Automation solutions
- Accountable to establish and manage an effective, efficient, and transparent pipeline for intelligent automation use cases through business workshops and collaboration with stakeholders
- Hands-on software development role with a strong focus on business analysis and digital transformation
- Lead automation topic related business workshops in gathering requirements and helping the business users on the topics
- Liaise with partners in architecture, design and development of Automation solutions
- Proven track record and practical experience driving and managing digital transformation initiatives and programs
- Have a solid understanding of the intelligent automation tools and technologies (e.g. RPA, IDP, Process / Task Mining, Low Code App Development, Chatbots, AI, ML) and their applicability to automation ideas
- Provide expertise to stakeholders and drive business understanding and interest for discovering and delivering opportunities for Intelligent Automation across the company
- Experience in business analysis and process re-engineering, working with and creating business process documentation and process flow diagrams
- Experience in Test Driven Development a plus
- Ability to articulate complex topics and preset to stakeholders succinctly
- Detail-oriented and outcome-focused
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.