Project Management Office (PMO) Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Project Management Office (PMO) Manager is supporting processes implementation and governance associated to a given portfolio. He/she ensure all projects are executed to a defined standard within the department/functions. Providing full transparency on all projects across divisions, sites and functions. Working in close collaboration with other PMO organizations to manage dependencies. Focused on performance and governance.
- Develop and own the Portfolio Management processes and standards including governance.
- Ensure Projects are managed according to standard defined
- Define documentation, templates and reporting standards
- Business owner for selected portfolio management system and champion its use.
- Support training and roll out of processes
- Actively contribute to the preparation of funding for programs and projects (EST, CAR and Lump sum) if necessary
- Manage the Demand process and coordinate supporting meetings (ideation and stage gate process for project approval)
- Coordinate with other PMO teams to manage dependencies.
- Define and manage project allocations and time booking for effective resource management.
- Degree (required): Bachelors, Field of Study: Scientific, IT, Business
- Certifications (required): PMP
- BioPharma/Tech experience – Preferred
- Advanced in Project Management
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this position is expected to range between $140,400.00 and $163,800.00 annually. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.