Internship IBEX Process Development Downstream
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The site in Visp is growing and for Ibex™ Solutions, our recently launched unique biological manufacturing and development concept in Visp, Switzerland, we are currently looking for an intern in our purification development group.
In this role, you will work hands-on in our state-of-the art laboratories together with an international, cross-functional team with the goal of developing and transferring scalable processes for the manufacture of novel biotherapeutics.
- Performs experiments using chromatography and membrane separation techniques
- Contributes to the execution and documentation of project-specific downstream process development activities
- Collects, summarizes, analyses data to prepare development reports and presentations, as appropriate
- Bachelor / Master-Student
Preferred area of study: Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Good biotechnology expertise and/or knowledge in the area of downstream process development;
- Good communication skills
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions;
- high motivation and dynamic drive;
- Excellent English and basic German is required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.