Senior Data Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Lonza site in Houston is seeking a Senior Data Scientist. This incumbent is responsible for implementing a new solution for process data analytics at Lonza Houston, including but not limited to PI historian and Global Data Mart (GDM). This incumbent serves as the liaison between global support team and the local process teams to ensure project execution of PI Historian and GDM. The responsibilities include interfacing with key stakeholders to gather user requirements, planning, and executing project tasks, testing process data, communicating and manging project risks, providing training and establishing procedures that are necessary for the Go-Live of the new system. This incumbent is the project lead who will organize recurring project meetings, responsible for meeting agenda and minutes, drive overall project execution.
- Serve as the project lead to implement Global Data Mart (GDM) at Lonza Houston. The system is based on a statistical software STATISTICA.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to gather user requirements for process data track and trending.
- Lead weekly project team meetings and be accountable for project execution.
- Serves as the liaison between global support team and the local process teams during project execution.
- Setup web-based data entry templates which allows the entry and verification of process data into a part 11 CFR software.
- Initial data testing and verification.
- Must be able to complete assignments as instructed, on-time and accurately.
- Be actively involved in the maintaining high quality data collection systems.
- Establish track and trend objects within GDM for various projects.
- Provide knowledge and support for validation activities and manufacturing investigations using statistical tools
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Science, Engineering or related field
- MS or PHD Preferred
- Well versed in data systems, ETL (and other) methods. Strong computer skills. Experience with Computer Systems Validation and OSI PI systems/data.
- Has a working knowledge of routine analytics (e.g. ANOVA, T-tests, regression).
- Strong leadership skills, capable of distilling complex analyses into easily understood presentations. Able to communicate status, needs, forecasts, risks and timelines effectively to management.
- In contact with myriad of technical groups from Lonza Houston and other Lonza sites, must be able to work as a team to achieve goals on time.
- Displays a clear willingness to listen to others. Has good interpersonal skills and works interdepartmentally in an effective manner to achieve objectives
- Shows commitment and dedication and strives to be ahead of schedule. Is not afraid to make decisions for the group. Demonstrates an ability to find creative solutions to issues and obstacles. Practices safety awareness at all times and considers impact of actions prior to executing activities.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy;
- Capacity to motivate and encourage others, in the achievement of specific objectives, and to carry ultimate responsibility.
- Knowledge of the biotechnology / life sciences area is a plus.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.