Sourcing Specialist - Indirect Material
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
The role will provide competitive sourcing and supply of material and service to the site operations. Role will manage and plan MRO Spare Parts and Operating Supplies(HIBE/VMI) and ensure procurement in accordance to policy and procedure. The role will also ensure the continuous supply of material and service to support business operation.
- Responsible for the sourcing of material and service for the assigned stakeholders and commodity.
- Ensure procurement’s execution is accordance to policy and procedure.
- Ensure data integrity in purchasing systems, documentation and adhere to GMP documentation standards.
- Ensure continuous supply of material and service to support business sustainability.
- Management of inventory, Material Master Data, MRP master data and Purchasing Info Record for Operating Supplies (HIBE).
- Management of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).
- On-time processing of Purchase Requisition (PR) and Purchase Order (PO).
- Routine review of open PR and PO to avoid overdue order delivery.
- Ensure on-time delivery of expectation, goals and KPI.
- Ensure quality standards and compliance are adhere to while delivering results.
- Participate in Kaizen/Hoshin/OE event(s), so as to provide business with process improvements in terms of cost and/or time savings opportunities etc.
- Accountable for actions assigned to Sourcing Specialists from Internal Project Team.
- Participates in Customer Project Team meetings and represents Sourcing Team.
- Any other responsibility assigned by Line Manager.
- Degree/ Diploma in SCM or any relevant discipline
- Relevant years’ of procurement working experience with good knowledge in inventory management and procurement operation.
- Understanding of overall Procurement Planning process and how it applies to material requirements planning (MRP).
- Understanding of importance of master data integrity in relation to GMP and SOP requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of SAP inventory screens.
- Strong analytical skill to perform cost-effect analysis.
- Knowledge on commercial terms and conditions for purchase.
- Experience in using SAP ERP Material Management system, especially on MRP.
- Competent in using MS Excel and PowerPoint.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
We provide company transport, both ways, at multiple pick up points.