Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is seeking an experienced Engineering Director to lead our team in Bend, Oregon.
- Develops and monitors best practices for preventive and predictive maintenance, energy management, validation, commissioning and other operating systems and programs that support the company’s laboratory, manufacturing and administrative areas
- Provides managerial and technical leadership to insure current and future manufacturing operations, facilities and equipment meet or exceed applicable requirements
- Develops and maintains short and long-range facilities plans
- Provides technical leadership for acquisition and design of new equipment, facilities, facility modifications
- May serve as technical lead in areas of process and mechanical engineering
- Design of capital projects, cost-analysis, budgeting
- Prepares and manages department budget
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Life Sciences
- 10 years in biotech/pharmaceutical engineering or combination of relevant education and experience
- Proven track record of success in leading and managing an Engineering, Facilities and Environment, Health and Safety organization
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a hands-on, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- Biopharmaceutical Industry experience preferred
- Proven track record of having delivered tangible results
- Ability to effectively communicate persuasively across the corporation
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.