Site Controller - Verviers (f/m/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site Controller is a key Business Partner to the team. The role provides support for reporting, financial planning, analysis and decision support, as well as compliance and reporting for commercial and operational activities of the
- Manage financial performance of the site, including KPI development, and annual budget setting.
- Collaborates with department functions to provide analysis that improves decision-making and provides transparency into functional areas.
- Works to implement proactive tools to evaluate performance, and drive cost reduction efforts across functional areas.
- Participates in site teams and committees for continuous improvement projects and new business development projects.
- Take ownership/support business cases in cooperation with other teams to ensure growth and productivity increase
- Support the long term business planning/business strategy review under consideration of costs, investments, capacity utilization and headcount
- Manage budgets, outlooks, risks and opportunities in cooperation with business partners to reach coperate’s/business unit’s goals
- Work with teams to challenge and adequately explain financial performance in comparison to relevant benchmarks (i.e., Prior Year, Budget, Forecast, etc.).
- Support site / business teams to develop Capital Asset and lump sum requests including participation in discussions about capex projects and preparation of financial sections of CARs and lump sums and supporting modeling.
- Impactful business partner to the business unit, site head and leadership team and other stakeholders for all financial topics
- Responsible for coordinating and executing monthly closing and reporting activities across the site in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP.
- Maintain and support transfer prices and transfer price documentation
- Coordination of the Administration of Fixed Assets
- Contact person for auditors, banks, tax consultants
- Point of contact for internal control system (ICS), coordination, self assessment, self execution
- Provide project support for cooperate’s project like merger, disinvestments, centralization of business activities.
Degree in a Finance related field
Advanced years of experience in finance related functions. At least several years of experience in international roles exposed to senior management
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
Interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively in order to explain financial concepts to non-finance people
Solid organizational, planning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and general computer skills particularly with accounting systems (SAP preferred) and reporting (BW)
Fluent in English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.