Lead Purification Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Senior Purification Innovation Scientist to support the implementation of Bioprocess technologies within the development and manufacturing settings. You will also lead process innovation projects. Working in a dynamic environment, integrated into multi-disciplinary teams; you will be able to draw on academic and research experience, demonstrating inventiveness and problem solving skills in the disciplines of bioprocessing and/or biotechnology.
You will have the opportunity to lead the planning and execution of several complex (non-routine) experimental programs simultaneously and author technical evaluation reports making implementation recommendations.
- Design, coordinate and support execution of cross-functional studies
- Maintain computational infrastructure and process model libraries related to Downstream Processing
- Execute laboratory based scientific studies related to Downstream Processing
- Collate, evaluate and interpret complex data sets
- Author technical reports with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations
- Lead general laboratory organization, activity planning and maintenance
- Support team resource planning, project management activities and prioritization decisions
- Lead technology implementation in development, pilot and manufacturing operations
- Adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental practices; support safety and risk assessments
- Comply with required GxP, documentation, data integrity and training standards
Essential skills required:
- Understanding of fundamentals of chromatography (mass transfer, binding kinetics)
- Knowledge of mechanistic modelling and process simulation of bioprocess unit operations
- Understanding of process development of continuous/integrated downstream operations
- Knowledge of process automation and control strategy development
- In-depth knowledge of preparative chromatography, tangential flow filtration, and virus retaining filtration.
- Significant experience gained in pharma/biopharma/CMO
- Self-motivation to contribute in developing strategy for novel technology development
- Knowledge of bioprocess cost modelling
- Experience with technology development, evaluation and implementation in bioprocessing and / or biotechnology discipline.
- Experience with use of statistical methods for DOE design and multivariate data analysis.
- Working knowledge of analytical methods for characterization of biological molecules.
- Experience with technical or commercials operations in the manufacture of biological molecules.
- Working understanding of regulatory requirements and / or GxP.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.