Senior Scientist - Protein and Process Analytics (R&D)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Scientist to join our Protein and Process Analytical R&D team based at our Slough, UK manufacturing facility.
The incumbent will provide specialist analytical support using liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis and mass spectrometry-based methods to R&D projects, as well as more general analytical testing as required. The role is primarily laboratory-based with a focus on technical skills.
- Execution of routine studies in the lab with elements of experimental design, data analysis and results communication within the team
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders both in verbal (e.g. at project meetings) and written forms (e.g. in the form of experimental write-up and development reports).
- Maintain accurate and timely records to appropriate quality standards as well as to prepare high quality data summaries as required
- BSc Degree in Life Sciences / Science or equivalent
- Preferred area of study: Biochemistry / Protein chemistry
- Previous work experience in an analytical laboratory in industry and/or academic research departments
- Detailed knowledge and practical expertise in analytical techniques applied to protein characterisation
- A good general background in established analytical methods within the industry, including the strengths and weaknesses of various approaches
- A good technology and practical competence in a range of analytical methods
- Good planning skills to ensure successful execution of a mixed work load
- Ability to work in a matrix and project environment
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively execute complex projects
- Enthusiasm and motivation for working and solving problems
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.