Finance Control and Compliance Officer (9m FTC)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As our Finance Control & Compliance Officer you will work closely alongside several SSC functions, including Accounts Payable / Receivable, Billing, VAT, and Record-to-Report, as well as site Controlling, to provide independent oversight and support that will ultimately improve their operational effectiveness via a series of control tools such as self-assessment, testing programmes and KPI reporting. You will support these teams with risk and controls awareness training whilst working closely with the Corporate Finance Compliance team as well as playing a key role in the annual audit programme comprising of internal and external audit and statutory audit.
*Please note this role is offered on an initial 9 month Fixed Term Contract basis.
- Work closely with Control Owners across EMEA ensuring controls execution meets target monthly
- Perform ad hoc root cause analysis of control failures and agrees remediation plans with Process and Control owners as well as the Regional Control and Compliance Lead
- Monitors and support the operational teams on controls remediation raised from external or internal audits and from the ICS (Internal Control System) processes, creating action plans for the open issue findings
- Own overview of ICS issues remediation in monthly regional ICS call
- Act as SAP GRC risk owner for EMEA to handle the daily SAP GRC requests
- Support in the review and remediation of historical access or segregation of duty conflicts
- Coordinate and close out outstanding 2021 Statutory Audits
- Support in the coordination of the 2022 Hard Close and Year-end Group audits ensuring deliverables are made on time and to high quality by working closely with our operational finance teams
- Monthly controls execution reporting and SoD remediation reporting
- Strong controls ethic and mindset
- Analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to interpret data, identify improvements or remediation and present findings to internal and external stakeholders
- High level of operational awareness across finance transactional processes.
- A natural communicator and influencer
- SAP: working knowledge of SAP ECC - awareness of SAP GRC would be beneficial too
- SharePoint skills or awareness
- Ability to structure written reports with clear, understandable content
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.