Logistics Specialist II
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Logistics Specialist contributes and supports the operations of the Logistics department with awareness and knowledge of the various areas of the operation Forward Picking supporting Manufacturing, allocation of e-Dispensing within the Syncade system. Additionally, work required will require SAP perform transactions such as Good Receipt, Stock Overview, and Material Movement all while ensuring GMP compliance.
Controlled Gowning required.
- Perform general stores supply process.
- Accurately enters a variety of SAP transactions (Goods Receipt, Stock Overview, Stock Put-away, and Material Movements).
- Safely, properly and efficiently operate a hand truck (manual and powered). Onsite training to be performed and completed.
- Performs SAP transactions required for assigned area (Goods Receipt, Stock Put-away, Order Fulfillment, TO Creation, Material Movement)
- Performs Syncade required tasks for assigned area (Receipt, Movement, Material Adjustments, Scrapping,Inventory).
- Demonstrates solid understanding of assigned procedures & obtains required qualifications.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cGMP’s required in the work environment.
- Perform Logbook entries/review as required for assigned area.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Utilizes DMS and Trackwise for assigned area.
- Perform other duties as they are assigned to support department.
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelors preferred
- Expresses values of the company in a positive manner.
- Constructive proactive communication.
- Ability to lift an excess of 25 lbs.
- Positive team oriented attitude.
- Excellent work record (includes tardiness and absenteeism record).
- Attention to detail, producing minimal error rate.
- Functional computer knowledge specifically Word, Excel, Outlook or equivalent.
- Ability to receive, track and distribute stock.
- Ability to read and follow technical instructions in English.
- Ability to comply with detailed procedures.
- Ability to perform math with assistance of calculator.
- Ability to prepare and follow routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to sort, check, count and verify numbers.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.