Commercial Development Director, Tissue & Cell Acquisition- East Coast
United States, Houston (Texas)
United States, Lexington (Massachusetts)
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is searching for a Commercial Development Director for its Cell and Gene Technologies Business Unit. The incumbent will play a pivotal role on the commercial development team and will be responsible for the growth and profitability of Lonza’s Tissue Acquisition business. The successful candidate should be located close to one of the following Lonza locations: Walkersville MD, Rockville MD, Lexington MA, Houston TX, Portsmouth NH or Durham NC.
· Develop and expand Lonza’s current offerings in the clinical Tissue Acquisition business
· Work closely with the Marketing team and analyze market landscape, identify key market segments, business models and areas for growth
· Explore opportunities for new market offers to differentiate Lonza’s Tissue Acquisition services from the competition
· Develop creative business cases for key partnerships and investments
· Work closely with sales team to develop strategies to secure a healthy pipeline of opportunities
· Bachelor's or Master’s degrees in life sciences, biology, biochemistry, genetics, or related field
· Significant experience in commercial, business development and marketing with manufacturing or technical background in cell and gene therapy field; B2B experience needed
· Strong with numbers and financials, costing of projects, contract terms and implications of those terms on profitability
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams to establish deliverables, timelines and hold self and others to a quality, on-time delivery
· Ability to establish and maintain key relationships with external and internal business leaders
· Important to have project management skills and follow through
· Willing/able to travel 10-25% for business opportunities
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
The full-time base annual salary for this remote position is expected to range between $176,400-225,400. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the location of the successful candidate, qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and job-related knowledge. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including performance-related bonus, medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), and more.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.