Solution Architect- SAP Procurement
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced SAP MM/WM consultant to be part of our newly formed Centre of Excellence (CoE) in AMERICAS located either in Portsmouth, NH or Houston, TX.
SAP Solution Architect is accountable to build new and/or deploy existing IT solutions to be used by Supply Chain, Warehouse, Labeling and EHS departments in a GMP environment. Act as regional IT Business Partner for SAP MM / WM / GLM / EHS embedded into the global IT team. Responsible to secure project execution in adherence to Lonza standards and policies. Provide IT support for incidents and problems (3rd level support.)
- Review user requirements, consult internal stakeholders in terms of IT solutions, take responsibility as (sub-) project manager, work out concepts and specifications, moderate workshops, configure and customize systems, responsible for content of test scripts, execute functional testing and support business testing, contribute to the creation of training documentation, provide trainings, prepare and perform data migration activities, enforce global process and system governance, adhere to GMP and quality policies.
- Collaborate with infrastructure, process integration, development and authorization partners to deliver requested standard and or custom IT solutions. Manage external parties such as IT consultants and service providers in the context of projects, system changes and/or outsourced services. Direct their solutions to secure adherence to Lonza standards and guidelines.
- Transfer new solutions and related knowhow to the support organization. Delegate common incidents and problems to the IT support organization. Provide 3rd level support for complex incidents. Contribute to the resolution of critical / urgent incidents.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of Lonza custom IT solutions. Get familiar with newest generation IT solutions and advise internal partners on innovative IT technologies.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or science related discipline.
- Have lead at these three end to end SAP projects and have at least have seven years of experience as a Solution Architect.
- Excellent experience knowledge of SAP module MM and WM.
- Knowhow in GLM and EHS an advantage.
- Experience in Pharma/Life Science industry, or with GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Hands on experience in Handling Unit Management/Storage Unit management, Mobile Data Entry and Barcoding, Interfaces to external systems
- Cross functional knowledge in SAP PP and SD
- System configuration and/or customization knowledge/ experience.
- IT project methodology experience (Waterfall/ Agile).
- Can effectively collaborate and communicate with internal and external partners
- Presentation and moderation skills
- Skills to manage external partners / services
- Certification in SAP, Project Management an advantage
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.