Operational Data Engineering-Intern
Operational Data Engineering-Internship
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The data science team in mammalian development services at Lonza is looking for a highly motivated intern that understands and is passionate about her/his craft. This internship is focused on implementing new architectures for operational data management and handling. The ideal candidate will combine strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals with software programming. We believe that this internship will allow you to apply your education to solve real life problems and turn theory into practice. Here, with us, you will find a career path that most inspires you.
- What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the development of a data integration pipeline including the design of middleware, use of staging tables, combining different data sources and formats.
- Contributes to creating Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) tools to extract data from flat data files generated by our platform instrumentation.
- Assist in the automation of data preparation for use with analytics and machine learning.
- Provide guidance on analysis and interpretation of high-dimensional data.
- Enable a team of world class bioprocess scientists and data experts to turn data into actionable insights.
- What you will need:
- Advance skills in Python and SQL.
- Familiarity with database design; preferably both relational and non-relational (NoSQL).
- Comfortable with on premises local databases (Oracle, MongoDB, MS Azure ,MySQL, SQLite MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge of Rest APIs is an advantage.
- Interested in understanding the context of Bioprocessing data generation
- Curious, self-driven, analytical and excited to play with data.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.