MSAT Principal Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The MSAT Principal Scientist will independently lead the technical transfer of multiple concurrent manufacturing processes (either Cell Culture and/or Purification – USP/DSP) from Process Development, Pilot Scale and other sites of manufacture to GMP operations in Hayward. The role will be a recognized process expert. Supporting multiple customer project teams to deliver manufacturing processes in negotiation with external customers as well as other internal cross-functional teams. This role has the opportunity to develop an extensive internal network. Building influence and credibility in the industry. In addition, the role will act as a coach/mentor to more junior team members and cross functionally as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Independently represents and is an influential MSAT representative within multiple customer product project teams using a standard methodology/procedure to successfully transfer both existing as well as evaluate new technologies either into USP or in DSP operations from development through to cGMP manufacturing.
- Accountable for the introduction and support of qualification of new process technologies into cGMP manufacturing, leading cross functional teams to ensure relevant transfer and communication of critical process and technical information such that successful outcomes are achieved as agreed with customer.
- Accountable for on plant technical support/training of required critical unit operations and off line support of Quality systems and associated improvement activities leading cross functional teams to successfully implement according to customer and business needs.
- Using technical influence and knowledge in project teams to ensure delivery of project timelines according to customer needs .
- Contributes to the resolution of identified complex manufacturing process issues through leading RCA procedures to ensure continuous improvements are made to the cGMP process .
- Provides strong scientific leadership by championing new technologies, whilst maintaining and improving existing technologies.
- Scientifically directs multi-disciplinary teams to achieve the objectives of major/ complex projects.
- Project manages the introduction of new processes, equipment, technologies broadly in with areas of expertise.
- Represents Lonza in customer meetings and inputs to proposals for new business .
- Plays a key role to resolve scientific problems where projects have encountered difficulties.
- Reviews complex technical documents to ensure they are based on good science and present high quality image of Lonza.
- Represents and is an influential MSAT team member within multiple customer facing project teams using a standard methodology/procedures to successfully transfer complex processes into USP and/or DSP GMP manufacturing from international process development and pilot scale facilities.
- Master’s degree with technical background, or equivalent experience
- Advanced experience - MSAT, Engineering, Research and Development
- Manages internal and external customer relations professionally and effectively
- Embraces new initiatives and drives successful implementation in his/her area
- Uses knowledge of his/her business area and related areas to make correct and timely decisions
- Provides feedback to his/her managers on the content of the strategy and its implementation
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.