Associate Director, Business Development APAC (Korea)
Biologics Division, Lonza Pharma & Biotech is looking for an Associate Director Business Development APAC – focusing on the Korean market . You will be responsible for proactively identifying and building new customer relationships to deliver year on year revenue and pipeline opportunity growth targets for Lonza Pharma Biotech. This role effectively promotes current technical capabilities and new technologies as they become available to facilitate generation and closing of new clinical development business opportunities in Biologics. You will be focusing on generating new business across our all Biologics Division Business Units including Mammalian (Early Protein Services, Cell Line Development, Drug Substance Manufacturing) Microbial, Bioconjugates Drug Product, mRNA service offerings for early stage, clinical stage and launch/commercial stage programs and on developing and executing a territory plan
- Generating new business from new customers
- Assigned territory – APAC including Korea, Japan, Australia, Taiwan;
- Demonstrate strategic business awareness of the market and customers in order to differentiate Lonza from the competition
- Effectively promote current technical capabilities and emerging / new technologies
- Network and build trust based relationships throughout target accounts from technical personnel to the executive level.
- Effectively communicate Lonza’s position and negotiate contracts where appropriate
- Maintains strong technical and market knowledge to enable meaningful conversations with prospective customers
- Work with marketing, account managers and product development to develop strategies and a territory plan that ensure Lonza’s position as the leading solutions provider.
- Formulate value propositions to generate opportunities to address the customers' needs
- Identify market trends, assesses market potential and develop strategies to grow market share using data from customer base / market and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Provide timely, industry leading customer support and defines and interfaces with internal resources, when necessary
- Close collaboration and team work with internal stakeholders including Commercial Development, Finance, Legal, Proposals, technical Subject Matter Experts.
- Develop, author and execute on Territory Plan
- Understand country specific biotech and pharma landscape and CDMO competition for assigned countries (Korea, Japan, Australia, Taiwan). Continually assess Lonza’s position in the CDMO marketplace and adjust territory strategy and plan.
- Bachelors degree in Life Science's or Engineering. Field of Study: Biology, Biochemistry, or related Technical degree, additional MBA would be beneficial.
- Language Skills: Business fluent in Korean and English; preferred additional Japanese skills
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or CDMO space
- Proven track record in delivering year on year business targets for complex high value deals
- Strong understanding of drug development and commercialization processes.
- Strong technical understanding of drug substance and drug product manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated track record to secure new customers, exhibiting a strong close rate
- Proven ability to generate PowerPoint presentations
- High level of understanding of the drug development process from pre-clinical to clinical development and commercialization
- Effective at working with scientists and other customer stakeholders, up to and including C- Suite leaders, to discuss the value proposition of Lonza’s offerings, whether it be a small or large value deal
- Understanding of SalesForce.com customer contact management system
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence
- Adept at building strong internal network and navigating a complex matrix organization to optimize influence for ensuring appropriate support levels for territory opportunities
- Customer facing attitude. The ability to build relationships based on trust and long term commitment. Strong gravitas, particularly in specific technology area of focus
- Experience of working in and driving teams to a specific customer based result.