Director, Head of Global Talent Scouting & Executive Search (f/m/d)
United Kingdom, Manchester
United Kingdom, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Position holds overall accountability for the strategies and execution of passive outreach, to support executive level talent acquisition needs of the business. It is responsible for shaping the team to harmonize internal executive search and talent scouting capabilities and delivery globally. It oversees our external vendor portfolio with regards retained Executive Search and Research firms. It ensures robust processes are in place, communicated and governed, for Executive recruitment, harmonized across all delivery mechanisms (external search, internal search, and RPO service).
- Build “in-house” executive search capability by designing and implementing a global executive search and talent scouting practice with a focus on high quality delivery utilizing best in class processes and methods equivalent to the top external executive search firms.
- Develop new SOPs for executive search partners and global talent scouts to follow that adhere to the highest standards of procedures and processes, ensuring harmonization with overall Lonza TA and Recruiting processes and relevant legislation
- Create a high performance, inclusive, empowered and collaborative culture, providing Leadership through effective team assessment, development and change management strategies to ensure a smooth execution and high customer satisfaction
- Create and design the needed executive presentations for roadshows and storytelling for the function; to gain credibility and buy-in from the business and HR stakeholders.
- Drive the adoption and utilization of the function. Increase the exposure of the team throughout the global business and gradually expand engagement reach throughout the organization.
- Align tightly with senior HR leaders, and TMOD team throughout the OTR process to ensure the top enterprise-wide business critical leadership roles are identified for Talent Scouting prioritizations and assigned to scouts accordingly in a balanced and resource effective manner.
- Promote and increase diverse hiring in all its forms.
- Develop methodology for tracking all global executive search projects, KPIs and external spend. (Build a new ES dashboard for tracking all KPIs and cost avoidance).
- Demonstrate a reduction in reliance and spending with external search firms over time through increased internal team successes. Showcase annual total number of team’s executive hires, search firm cost avoidance decrease, and shift on the percentage usage for external search firms globally year on year.
- Ensure the team is equipped with all the technologies needed for successful execution of the function. Where technology is lacking, lead the capture process of requirements, RFP and evaluation of new technologies. Build the business cases and project charters to acquire the needed budget.
- Partner closely with matrix peers / leaders of the Sourcing Team within TA to develop a coherent and aligned plan for passive talent attraction strategies across business units. Co-develop clear delineations between Executive Search, Talent Scouting, and Sourcing that the business will understand.
- Bachelor, MSc, or PhD in HR / business, or related scientific degree
- Extensive experience in recruiting / talent scouting / talent acquisition of senior management roles
- Specific experience leading, building, or directing internal Global Executive Search team
- External experience working in one of the top 5 Executive Search Firms or equivalent is preferred
- Must be proficient in English and German language is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.