Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position actively participates in the day-to-day operations of all manufacturing activities, including but not limited to raw material receipt and processing, WIP production and milling, finished good packaging and associated operational quality, maintenance and environmental, health and safety elements.
- Production, Packaging and Shipping: Conduct, in accordance with site EHS, Quality and GMP policy, procedure, instruction, etc. specified tasks for the production of material at the Greenwood UC-II manufacturing site. Tasks may include, but not be limited to receipt of raw material; preparation of raw material; operation of automated production equipment and CIP controls through DeltaV DCS platform; lift truck operation; interaction with SAP; operational maintenance of production equipment; milling of finished good; packaging of finished good; preparation of packaged material for shipment; participation in quality, maintenance and/or EHS activities based on training, experience and education.
- Work closely with direct leadership and internal stakeholders to ensure plant operational, quality, EHS and maintenance documentation (operational forms and records, sanitation records, inspection records, etc.) are completed legibly and accurately per regulatory and Lonza requirements. Actively participate in operational, EHS, quality and maintenance training.
- Continuous Improvement: Provide input to Plant Leadership Team for production, EHS, quality and maintenance improvements based on experience with the process; actively engage in efforts to accomplish EHS performance goals; provide feedback on performance data to measure production, EHS, quality, and maintenance targets or to identify areas of improvement.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Previous industrial/food processing experience and GMP awareness are preferred.
- Must be qualified to work in an industrial setting.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to solve basic mathematical equations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) without the use of a calculator.
- Must be able to use a calculator to solve more complex mathematical functions (percentage, averaging, rounding and unit conversions).
- Must be able to follow specific instructions to precise standards.
- Must be able to meet physical and personal protective equipment requirements of the position.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law