MSAT Packaging Engineer/Scientist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is IMMEDIATELY hiring a MSAT Packaging Engineer/Scientist who will play a key role in leading technical projects to support the Lonza Media and LAL Assets. Technical projects include tech transfer, process improvement, Process Validation and complex technical investigations. Also is a process SME in Packaging Engineering, Materials Science or Aseptic Filling.
The MSAT Packaging Engineer/Scientist builds excellent partnership and collaborates with key stakeholders (Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing and Supply Chain).
This role is Hybrid with 3 days at the Walkersville site and 2 days remote.
- Design and perform shipping validation and container closure integrity studies
- Author technical protocols/reports such as Engineering/Validation Runs and Investigations
- Perform technical feasibility assessment of new primary containers (bottles, vials and especially bags)
- Accountable for project results including planning and monitoring from initiation through completion
- Responsible for tasks associated with at least one of the following pillars: tech transfer, process improvement, technical investigations, validation
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelors Engineering degree, preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant experience from a GMP environment will be considered
- Some working experience in Packaging engineering and Aseptic processing
- Compliance minded excellent Technical writing skills
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Manufacturing support
- Leadership: ability to lead and influence team and stakeholders
- Hands-on attitude to get things done and ability to take calculated risks
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.