Associate Director, Learning & Development (f/m/d)
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director, Learning to join the Talent and Organization Development (T&OD) team. The T&OD team are a center of excellence for learning and talent development globally in Lonza.
- Create a strategy to deliver a meaningful Learning Experience for all employees in Lonza, with emphasis on cross functional content management, technology, vendor management and evaluation
- Build learning experience platform and management system and lead and develop the global learning portfolio and align with sites HR representatives
- Learning & Development program management, including: design, implementation, instruction and facilitation for key program including High Performance Team
- Evaluate the success of the overall portfolio and selected programs, with emphasis on the evaluation of business impact
- Collaboration on process re-designs / amendments, creating training, job aids, communication and supporting tools to drive effectively their implementation and to ensure the intended outcomes are met
- Collaborate with other members of CoEs, HRBPs and business leaders to co-create the learning and people development initiatives
- BSc in HR or a related discipline (Humanities, Education) and MSc an advantage
- A senior professional with a strong substantial background in learning, development and professional skills including delivery
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing programs to support organizational initiatives including performance improvement, corporate transformation and/or personal development
- Proven experience in building strong consultative partnerships within a highly matrixed global organization
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, coaching, communication and consulting skills
- Hands-on experience in Learning Management System application, Workday Talent suit is an advantage
- Skills of efficient project management
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.