Senior Scientist Analytical Development (m/f/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join our team in Geleen, working on one of Lonza’s key strategic projects. As Senior Scientist you will be a highly experienced professional and a lead scientist in the field of biotech analytical development, with particular experience in IVT, mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulations. In addition you will possess good knowledge of process methods, and extensive hands one laboratory experience.
Please note that in the early stages of this project there will be a requirement to spend a short period of time Visp for before returning to Geleen.
- Representation: act as a deputy of the team manager when needed and support the process development management.
- Leadership: provide strong scientific, technical and regulatory leadership at project level. Lead lab technicians on complex projects.
- Projects: lead complex projects in the area of scientific expertise. Lead problem solving and lessons learned activities.
- Scientific tasks: design and execute advanced experimental plans and data analysis methods, write and review high quality reports.
- Customer interactions: develop strong customer relationships.
- Training: lead training activities in the area of expertise.
- Analytical development: mRNA chemistry analytical methods (e.g. LC/MS, HPLC), biomolecular methods (e.g. Real Time PCR), bioassay methods (Cell Culture, Transfection, Potency, Viability/Toxicity).
- Experience in mRNA analytics or very broad & deep expert-level experience & understanding of purification of biomolecules.
- Experience on analytical chromatography (RPLC/UHPLC, SEC, IEC,) and electrophoresis (cIEF, CGE).
- Experience with analytics of encapsulated mRNA by Dynamic/Static light scattering (DLS, SLS, SEC/FFF), UV-Vis Spectroscopy and fluorescence. Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) is a plus.
- Understanding of PCR (qPCR/ddPCR) based assay development, sequencing (Sanger and NGS) and immunoassays such as ELISA.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently work in a fast paced and fluid environment, changes in priority and timeline restrictions.
- Design and execute DOE studies & high-throughput screen for analytical methods improvements and advancements.
- Knowledge of analytical methods transfer to QC laboratories.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.