Head of Mammalian Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
Lonza is currently looking to hire a Head of Mammalian Operations to manage our Mammalian Manufacturing operations. This role will be overall accountable for the Singapore’s operations activities for this business; determine strategic direction of the department to support the business; anticipate and plan for current and future needs. This role will also set up plans for products, processes and network with the goal of increasing efficiency and profitability.
- Is a key Member of the Site Leadership Team; Participate and influence site strategy decisions as a part of the site leadership team.
- Chairs the Site Manufacturing Operations Management team’s meeting comprising of key representatives from Quality, Engineering, SCM, MSAT and PM with the goal of fulfilling the site’s manufacturing KPIs and customers’ requirement. Meet regularly to set performance indicators, evaluate performance and strategies; drive results.
- Interact with existing and potential customers; assess feasibility and readiness from manufacturing perspective; participate actively in contract negotiation / management.
- Responsible to seek alignment and agreement from Site Head of Singapore and respective relevant Global / Functional Leaders where necessary.
- Strong advocate for innovation within department.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facility is audit ready and in a continuous state of readiness for GMP production.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective resource strategy to meet manufacturing activities for the Site.
- Ensure collaboration between manufacturing and all support groups.
- Oversees department’s budget and expenses to help optimize costs and benefits.
- Establish department objectives, procedures/ policies; prioritize and / assign role and responsibilities for the team.
- Track and report department performance to the measurements of cost and schedule. Identify and minimize adverse trends that may influence these factors.
- Maintain high awareness and actively support activities in other parts of the Lonza’s business globally.
- Ensure development of staffs through training roadmap for the department working closely with Operational Excellence / Training function; personally act as a coach and mentor.
- Coach, mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement.
- To approve the instructions relating to production operations and to ensure their strict implementation.
- To ensure that products are produced and stored according to the appropriate documentation in order to obtain the required quality.
- To ensure that the production records are evaluated and signed by an authorized person.
- To ensure that product has been manufactured and tested in accordance with CGMP requirements, company SOPs, policies and specifications.
- Experience in Biopharma industry, GMP environment, FDA/EMEA exposure.
- Experience working in matrix environment, building relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Analytical, strategic mind, broad base knowledge of the business and high level of integrity.
- Proven track record in managing mid to large scale manufacturing department to deliver high performance manufacturing results.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of business, systems and processes of the relevant industry.
- Proven track record in leadership role managing a mid to large size manufacturing set up; Able to create environment to support employee development and engagement. Coach and mentor teams effectively.
- Highly capable in managing budget and expenses for the department to optimize cost and benefits.
- Oversees design of processes, systems and technology to enable improvements, efficiency and productivity.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Vaccination status: As the above role requires you to work on-site*, only fully vaccinated** employees will be shortlisted for the role. For fully vaccinated applicants, please indicate your vaccination status as “fully vaccinated” when applying for the role.
*In line with the latest advisory from the Ministry of Manpower, from 1 January 2022 only employees who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, can return to the workplace.
** Lonza adopts the definition of “fully vaccinated” by the Ministry of Health in Singapore which means that you:
(a) have received the full regimen of WHO EUL vaccines from a specific manufacturer; and
(b) have met the prescribed post-vaccination period for the respective vaccine to be fully effective.
For more information, please visit: https://go.gov.sg/vdsmminfo