Director Tax Accounting & Tax Compliance
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Director US Tax Compliance & Provisions will manage - in close alignment with the Regional Head of Tax Americas - the tax accounting and tax compliance processes for Lonza US entities (quarterly and YE tax provision process, timely preparation and filing of all federal, state and local tax returns, management of tax audits, tax support to Lonza businesses).
In this role, the Director US Tax Compliance & Provisions will work with the Lonza US tax team/staff, by managing and coordinating the necessary activities, and will be directly involved (“hands-on”) in the preparation / review / analysis needed to successfully execute the tax accounting and tax compliance processes. * Remote/Hybrid available
- Manage Lonza US group’s quarterly tax accounting / provisions process and ensure correct representation of taxes in Lonza’s accounts, coordinating the US tax provision team/staffs and liaising - in close alignment with the Regional Head of Tax Americas – with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation, review and filing of all federal, state, local tax returns for Lonza US group, coordinating the US tax compliance team/staffs and liaising with Lonza US finance and accounting departments to gather information needed to complete all required tax forms/reports.
- Support Lonza US businesses by providing tax support and advise with regard to tax topics.
- Ensure that best practices are employed to efficiently gather, use, document, and maintain the supporting tax documentation in line with the applicable law and regulations.
- Manage under the lead of (and in close alignment with) the Regional Head of Tax Americas, federal, state & local tax audits.
- Supervise a staff of 3 individuals, and will seek to minimize costs of external advisors by managing the staff appropriately
- Frequently liaise with Regional Head of Tax Americas to discuss Lonza’s US tax position in general, and with respect to specific items identified as (materially) influencing Lonza’s US tax position.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Accounting), Masters of Science( Taxation) preferred, CPA (required)
- Gathers and organizes large amounts of highly technical and specialized information from numerous sources. Often there will be overlapping and competing projects and deadlines.
- Significant work experience interfacing with the Tax function colleagues in US and other countries, accounting/finance departments and management throughout Lonza US, and outside agencies.
- Highly proficient with time, process management and flexibility
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.