Technician II, Advanced Setup
Technician II, Advanced Setup
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for coordinating order changes on hard capsule machines (HCMs) and various other equipment such as Unified, Unisor, ILD, iBox, and Check weigher. This position will also perform troubleshooting, conduct preventive maintenance (PM), and perform size changes on equipment as scheduled. This position will follow all plant policies and safety guidelines at Lonza.
- Coordinate and plan order changes, quantity washes, and dish pulls
- Responsible for running PPO daily
- Responsible for completing the order QTY report
- Attend the shift change meeting and report on performance of equipment
- Responsible for entering IFC reports and completing the investigations
- Manage the order change rotation to minimize Code 89/49 time
- Conduct assigned PMs for ILD, Unisor, vBox, and iBox
- Perform size changes on iBox, Check weigher, Unisor, and Unified
- Responsible for the technical set up and troubleshooting of production equipment such as the ILD, iBox, Unified, Check weigher, Unisor, etc.
- Perform thorough inspections of equipment for foreign capsules
- Start up and maintain quality checks after order changes as well as making mechanical and process adjustments to insure proper function of equipment and process
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function
- Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities of an Operator Support Associate (OSA), Order Change Technician I (OCT I), and Order Change Technician II (OCT II)
- Must meet expectations on Safety, Attendance, Teamwork, Quality, and Productivity metrics
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- High School Diploma
- Manufacturing Experience
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
- Mechanical and/or electrical training, education, etc.
- 2 year technical degree
- Experience with SAP
- Basic computer skills
- Lift, push, pull objects up to 50 lbs
- Good verbal communication skills and teamwork
- Intermediate computer/software knowledge (to be tested during the interview)
- Demonstrated logistical thinking and troubleshooting ability
- Experience in setting up iBox and troubleshooting Unified/Unisor
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law