Product Testing & Stability - Technologist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Product Testing & Stability –Technologist to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Product Testing & Stability –Technologist will perform a wide range of analytical methods including HPLC (e.g. size exclusion, ion exchange), electrophoresis (e.g. SDS PAGE, CE SDS, icIEF), spectrophotometry and general characteristic analysis (e.g. visual appearance, pH, Osmolality) for the purpose of assessing the stability of therapeutic proteins.
You will be mainly laboratory based. All work is expected to be carried out in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with local EHS policies and cGMP guidelines.
- Perform experimental work independently, in a safe and compliant manner.
- Plan and complete assigned tasks within the required timeframe.
- Technically review assays for stability studies against standard operating procedures, protocols and GMP principles.
- Liaise with operators and study directors to close out technical review of assays.
- Interpret data against specifications and identify trends within data.
- Communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line Manager and/or scientific lead as appropriate
- Work collaboratively in a team to ensure business, regulatory and customer needs are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- BSc life Sciences qualified
- Understanding of Product Stability and QC desirable.
- Good understanding of analytical methods
- Good awareness of cGMP guidelines and how adherence to GMP impacts the way we work
- Good time management, organization and planning skills
- Effective communicator
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.