Technician I, Advanced Setup
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The OCT II position is a mid- level operator role that is responsible for changing over the machines from one product/size capsule to another product/size capsule..
- Coordinate the order change (or dish wash) for the HCM, Unisor, and/or Unified
- Ensure order quantity has been met prior to order change (requires math calculations)
- Perform HCM breakdown and cleaning while making adjustments to ensure proper function of equipment
- Perform thorough inspections of equipment for foreign capsules
- Conduct sampling and quality checks
- Conduct process checks and make adjustments
- Work with Manufacturing to get machine back in production
- Coordinate and perform the breakdown and cleaning of other various types of production equipment.
- Must be able to setup and troubleshoot iBox
- Perform formula changes at HCM
- Must be able to enter order change and iBox setups in SCADA and SharePoint
- Must be able to perform gel inventory after order change is complete
- High School Diploma
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Basic computer skills/software knowledge
- Lift, push, pull objects up to 50 lbs
- Demonstrated logistical thinking and troubleshooting ability
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.