Associate Engineer 3, Engineering - Utility
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
Lonza is currently looking to hire an Associate Engineer 3, Utility to join the Engineering Team. You will be responsible to execute daily routine and repair work orders as assigned. Role is responsible to troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and carry out basic repairs. Supervise vendors/service providers activities for daily routine utilities and maintenance work to ensure equipment is maintained in full operational status. Role is also task with general utilities management for operations and maintenance and spares. Supervise and train junior Utility Technicians on utilities system to improve their knowledge.
- Execute daily routine and repair work orders as assigned.
- Ensure all routine maintenance works are duly carried out as scheduled and in compliance with Engineering standards and procedures.
- Perform shift if required and respond on-call for maintenance/service breakdown and support ongoing operations.
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and carry out basic repairs.
- Supervise vendors/service providers activities for daily routine utilities and maintenance work to ensure equipment is maintained in full operational status.
- Management for operations and maintenance and spares.
- Perform regular equipment inspections to feedback on status.
- Execute/supervise repairs/upgrading works to enable smooth handover and minimize disruption to production schedule.
- Apply and close work permits with Area/System Owners for vendor/service providers.
- Maintain all site utilities in optimum condition in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) & EHS requirements. Ensure all GMP documentation related to maintenance activities is completed accurately and processed to full completion.
- Communicate to Supervisor/Manager when encounter non-compliance issues including work delay, breakdown, missing parts etc.
- Supervise and train junior Utility Technicians on utilities system to improve their knowledge.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor/Manager, including but not limited to the above.
- Diploma or a relevant National Trade Certificate with some years of relevant work experience in field utility systems in the Pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry or petrochemical industry.
- Perform shift and be available on-call when required & to support Utility O&M needs.
- Certified Boiler Attendant or Certified Steam Engineer is beneficial, but not essential.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Detailed and Quality conscious.
- Ability to follow SOPs and instructions.
- Diligent in performing operational checks.
- Good Communication skills.
- Excellent Team player.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.