Payroll Specialist - Spanish Payroll, Spanish Speaking
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To strengthen our Lonza HR Service Centre team, we are looking for an exceptional Spanish Payroll Specialist, based at our Shared Service Centre in Manchester.
The Payroll Specialist will, as part of this global HR Shared Services organization, help coordinate accurate and timely payroll processing for all employees in the assigned country scope. This position is equally in charge of administering employees in local benefit programs. Payroll and benefit related questions will be either resolved, either be escalated to our global payroll provider and local benefit third party providers for timely and effective resolution.
- Ensure employees get paid right and on time;
- Collect and review time data, determine required deductions, prepare the payroll upload file, verify gross net calculation and get payroll signed-off by mandated colleagues;
- Manage one-time payments like STIP, LTIP, etc;
- Follow-up on money movements and bank transfers with involved departments.
- Monitor country legislation changes and ensure payroll process, system and procedures are up-to-date accordingly;
- Prepare, assist to payroll, tax, statutory and SOX compliance audits. Follow-up assigned improvement actions;
- Improve the payroll process and document related work instructions for assigned countries (e.g. harmonize, simplify, refresh job aids).
- Vendor manage third party providers to ensure timely and accurate responses on escalated cases.
Hands-on HR, payroll related experience; good to have relevant qualifications or Bachelor degree
Spanish Payroll Experience would be hugely adavantageous
Experience of working with Securex, Workday, Pro Time, Kronos.
Ideally processed other EMEA payrolls such as Spain, France, Netherlands and Germany.
Strong experience within a payroll or HR shared services (SSC)
Payroll processing, local labour legislation and tax requirements of assigned countries
Proven experience in payroll tools like PEX, MyHRW, ADP Streamline. Familiarity with business software
Advance English and Spanish language mastery (oral and written) required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.