Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Program Manager is responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams. In this role, Program Manager is the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer. Program Manager is managing multiple projects, either within one technology, or within multiple technologies and oversees the complete life-cycle of all the projects. Based on experience, programs under PM’s responsibility range from small or mid-sized to large and complex portfolios, based on the seniority. During execution, key focus is on the customer centricity and internally on quality, cost, profitability, timelines and risk management.
- Lead project execution after deal closure. Direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. Shared customer relationship management with Account Managers.
- Coach, mentor and, via frequent discussions with line managers, continuously develop project team members.
- Program Manager uses in depth understanding of multiple functions and strong relationships with these functions during the execution.
- Act as single point of contact for customer with regards to operational questions and ensure each project milestone is delivered in line with the agreed objectives. Act as the customer advocate and champion in the LPB organization.
- Manage project scope, timelines and budget and program profitability together with core project team. Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate them to a customer in close collaboration with Account Manager. In collaboration with Account Management / Commercial Development, create mid-long term program strategies.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all customer communication (using an open communication model), agreeing milestones and conducting “lessons learned” with the customer, as well as executing decommissioning at the end of contractual activities.
- Program Manager ensures the right and effective internal and external governance are in place and are effective. Also ensures very clear alignment of internal stakeholders.
- Leadership - ability to manage group of people to act towards achieving a common goal; ability to drive execution through efficient communication, creating a trusting environment and taking personal accountability for decision and actions
- Driving Results - set ambitious and realistic plan and priorities, implement and monitor appropriate KPIs, to track progress, able to prioritize activities overcoming challenges while maintain high quality standard
- Agility - challenge status quo to improve processes, open to new ideas, able to learn from others and from personal experiences to propose and drive changes; use to navigate in ambiguity keeping focus on business requirements
- Effective Communication - ability to create clear sense of common purpose and direction through effective communication of goal, strategy and issue/challenges and adapting to the targeted audience
- Customer Focus - ability to quickly solve problems/conflict as and when they arise with a strong analytical mind-set. Actively drive and create solutions
- Business Awareness - translate strategy into actionable objectives and plans. Understand the key drivers affecting profitability, recognize business opportunities, identify improvements to meet the challenges within a given project/portfolio
- Influence - ability to work in a matrix management environment and gain the cooperation of others over whom they have no direct authority or control; create inspirational climate, demonstrate positive and constructive mindset.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.