Global Talent Scout
United Kingdom, Manchester
United Kingdom, Slough
United States, Houston (Texas)
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Global Talent Scout to join our Global Talent Scouting team to support key leadership succession and hiring priorities of the Cell and Gene Therapy business unit. Global Talent Scouts are positioned strategically within Lonza Talent Acquisition to enable the recruitment and development of external succession strategies for top leadership positions in advance of hiring needs.
Working within a key area of the Lonza business, they are responsible for maintaining business critical, senior level, and functionally aligned external talent pools, according to the needs of the business and its overall talent strategy. The scouts build deep networks in the external candidate markets, by identifying and engaging with highly sought after talent, and inspiring them to join Lonza. A talent scout is the ultimate talent ambassador for Lonza.
- Define and lead effective talent scouting strategies and initiatives, aligned to the respective business functional priorities, in order to create and maintain relevant and rich external talent pipelines of specialized skillset and leadership talent
- Work closely with key stakeholders and internal partners including HRBPs and Business and Operations leadership, to understand the key roles, critical skills and the current populations in order to assess and define risk areas where external talent pipelines would be most required
- Create internal and external networks to leverage connections to talent groups as required
- Drive pro-actively the external scouting relationship management activities by optimizing the usage of all required channels (Social Networks, Candidate Databases, Professional Associations and Industry Conferences)
- Build, validate, and manage a pipeline of external candidates, and interact effectively with our recruitment delivery teams to provide suitable talent into our active recruitment needs, in order to reduce costs and time to hire
- Provide market intelligence to support talent strategy course corrections, and act as enterprise wide subject matter expert on external talent trends and executive search strategies, using the typical rigor of an executive search firm.
- Degree educated HR / business, or related scientific discipline.
- Extensive experience in executive search / talent scouting / talent acquisition of senior management roles.
- Specific experience conducting talent market research, preparing talent long lists, executing outreach, exploratory meetings, and short-listing most viable talents. Experience designing pro-active talent engagement and relationship management. All of these abilities preferably in Executive Search and in the Pharma/Biotech sector.
- Technically savvy, able to navigate changing landscape of pro-active talent acquisition tools and global channels to identify and engage with potential candidates.
- Skilled relationship builder, with ability to nurture relationships over long time periods.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.