Manager, Inventory & Warehouse
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
- Lead a team comprising of Shipper, Receiver, Inventory Control and Material Handlers on a day to day basis while embracing the following values
- Integrity – words and actions are aligned.
- Innovation – continues to look for improvements in our processes and encourages team members to do so
- Inclusion – involves team members appropriately to ensure broad perspective is received during problem solving or improvement initiatives
- Initiative – takes the lead on change requests and addresses outages to the point of completion when the issue pertains to Warehouse, shipping, receiving and kitting.
- Track and reports on KPIs specific to the warehousing operations
- Identifies resource constraints and manages to prioritize based on customer demands
- Organizes daily, weekly, monthly tasks
- Identifies and addresses gaps in resources given workloads
- Collaborates with manufacturing, customer service & logistics, purchasing and management team members to meet internal and external customer deadlines
- Maintain the safe and secure operations of the 2 separate warehouse locations in Kingston ON.
- Ensure the safety of employees and contractors while they are in the warehouse
- Maintain all equipment calibrated, certified and in good working condition
- Assess the impact of materials received at the warehouse on the safety of the facility and employees
- Ensure safe loading and unloading of trucks and vehicles on warehouse premises
- Ensure that the Quality Management system is implemented and maintained in the Warehousing operations to ensure accuracy and quality of the records are maintained.
- Performing recall operations
- Address Nonconformances, recall processes, customer complaints and product damage due to shipments
- Ensure that inventory cycle counts are performed on time and necessary corrective actions are taken for any outages; ensure all data is secured and protected against accidental or unauthorized modifications
- Keep accurate records for disposition or returned, rejected, recalled or falsified products
- Approve any returns to saleable stock
- Adhere to Lonza GMP and Environmental controls (Temperature monitoring), cleanliness requirements
- Follow procedures to appropriately destroy/remove products/parts in a timely manner, once Material Review Board has provided authorization
- Maintain the FIFO and/or FEFO principle.
- Use validated processes/SOPs to perform the work onsite
- Train and qualify team members on job responsibilities including Receiving, Shipping, Picking, Packing, Kitting
- Complete PM on equipment used on a timely manner and maintain records
- Ensure parts and product are kept as per required storage conditions (Temperature, moisture, light, off the ground)
- Takes responsibility for managing the departmental expenses
- Tracks spending and address outages where needed
- Prepares annual budgets
- May manage capital project
- GMP trained and qualified
- Logistics and/or Supply Chain certifications
- Has held leadership positions for minimum of 8 yrs
- International shipping /Logistic experience
- Bachelors degree in Science or Commerce
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Proficient with spreadsheets, database, ERP systems
- Lift truck/Tow motor certification
- Working from heights certification
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.