QA Engineer HC
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Colmar we have an open position for a QA Engineer. In this role, you will drive Operational QA activities such as product quality follow up and make sure the product which are released are compliant to the specifications. You will work closely with the manufacturing, maintenance and Quality organizations to safeguard high product quality levels and delivery service according to customer expectations.
- Ensure follow up of product quality manufactured on site
- Drives quality related discussion during the daily production follow up
- Participates or drives continuous improvement projects related to product quality
- Coordinates QA activities and controls further to non-conformities and makes sure finished goods are secured
- Takes quality decisions & support root cause analysis further to non-conformities and/or help other quality departments to take quality decision to secure the market.
- Support operational and External QA teams to define and implement CAPA further to market complaints and customer audits.
- Act as the a key contact for other departments for internal QA related questions
- Contributes to application of Site specific and Lonza guidelines, as well as Excipact™ GMP/GDP requirements and customer’s requirements.
- Contributes to identification of major reasons of Cost of Non quality and their reduction
- Master`s degree in natural /food science, in engineering, biotechnology or equivalent.
- Several years of experience working within the quality assurance in the food or pharma industry
- Knowledge of basic GMP regulations, as well food safety rules and ISO 9001.
- Strong analytical skills and structured approach to problem solving
- Having a Lean mindset and capability to challenge status quo
- Capability to interact with others in difficult circumstances
- Experience in the use of Trackwise, SAP and Documentum would be preferred
- Fluent written and oral communication in French and English.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.