Global Manager Financial Compliance (f/m/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world.
The Global Manager Financial Compliance role combines two main aspects. The first is to assume responsibility as the subject matter expert for Segregations of Duties. The second is to take on the end-to-end ownership for selected control cycles, linked to the business processes.
The role has a global scope, with impact on all Lonza reporting units. The objective is to drive the global implementation and management of an effective and efficient financial control environment.
Through the integration of a strong financial compliance program into daily business activities and decision-making, the Global Manager Financial Compliance contributes to the protection of Lonza’s reputation and accuracy of Financial Statement, financial forfeiture, and material loss.
- Lead, oversee and manage the Segregation of Duties (SoD) topic from a strategic and operational perspective to prevent that SoD risks materialize and negatively affect the organization
- Define and set-up monitoring and reporting of SoD risks to provide regular updates to the stakeholders in the organization, including all management levels
- Manage the SAP GRC tool from a technical SoD administration and business perspective, maintain rulebook and controls (risk level, T-code), identify, support and train Risk Owners and Control Monitors, define reference mitigating controls to be implemented
- Review process, configuration changes, system solutions for impact on SoD
- Validate SAP access solutions and custom ABAP programs suggested by IT to ensure they meet risk requirements
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for several control cycles in identifying the critical risks, defining control strategy, designing reference controls, setting up data analytics, driving control monitoring and following-up on any audit issues
- Support all activities of the Financial Compliance team related to the governance and further development of the control framework and the annual control cycle including self-assessment, testing, and reporting
- Highly self-motivated and result driven individual
- Masters degree in Business / Accounting
- Professional qualifications related to Finance, Audit (CPA, CTA, CIA), Process (Six Sigma) or Data Scientist are an asset
- Advanced experience in one or more of the following areas is expected: Financial Compliance, Audit, Finance, Process or SAP Consulting
- Experience in any of the following processes areas is a plus: HR, Payroll, Inventory Controlling, Procurement, Customer Service, or Billing
- Languages: English (required), German or French (an asset)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.