Marketing Intelligence (Senior) Manager (f/m/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
There is an opportunity to join Lonza`s Market Intelligence team for 12 months as a maternity leave replacement.
The Associate Director Market Intelligence plans, develops and executes market intelligence initiatives and market analysis projects for our small molecules business unit (BU) with a focus on dosage form and delivery system (DFDS) technologies to support the overall business and marketing strategy. This includes ongoing core activities to compile and evaluate information about market sizes, market trends, customer pipelines and competitors as well as ad-hoc analysis. The information is to be based on secondary and occasionally primary market research. The position will interface directly with the Head of Market Intelligence and with other Managers commercial and operations departments.
- Defines and investigates existing markets within the BU small molecules DFDS
- Explores adjacent or new business opportunities for the BU together with the commercial teams
- Plans, develops and delivers market intelligence for the assigned markets and technologies to support the corresponding teams in their commercial decision making processes
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative research projects applying secondary and primary market research techniques
- Develops and maintains relationships within the Lonza network and to external industry contacts to identify, monitor and evaluate significant developments in relevant markets and potential business opportunities
- Develops and maintains MI techniques and processes & collaborates with MI team members to improve MI infrastructure and capabilities
- Long-term experience in MI & CI within Pharma / Biotech industry, preferable in B2B business (CDMO)
- Post-graduate in Science (Chemistry, Pharmacology Biochemistry) or economics / marketing with long-term experience in Pharma industry & technology
- Very good understanding in technical and regulatory pharma drug substance and drug product manufacturing
- Experienced in scenario modelling combined with strong IT capabilities in data management software
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage large data amounts (corresponding IT skills)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain key relationships with external and internal business leaders in various locations.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.