Manager, Program Management
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Manager to join the Program Management leadership team their Bend, Oregon location.
- Manages and levels workloads in the project management group while maintaining clear points of contact for clients
- Prioritizes resources. Assigns project managers and/or other resources to projects or programs based on work load and individual capability
- Identifies and ensures adoption of best practices in planning, alignment, initiation, execution, control, and closing of projects
- Maintains emphasis on excellent customer service
- Cultivates strong working relationships within the project management group and across project team members and corporate partners
- Ensures high performance in the project management group through professional development and performance management of Project Managers
- As the group leader, objectively assigns, supervises, review and evaluates the work of others
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement throughout the organization by routinely reviewing site metrics and gathering internal and external feedback
- Aligns project work with the overall corporate objectives and directions from senior leadership
- Creates a strong interface between the technical and business functions in the organization
- Manage personnel within company systems
- Provide ongoing feedback and guidance to direct reports
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, at minimum, required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Program Management, experience in pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Experience as primary contact for multiple and/or confidential clients
- Must be independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
- Successful candidates must be able to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated balance of collaborative leadership and autonomous problem solving
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.