Reliability Engineer Manager
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and is still growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us in our Facilities and Engineering business unit. The Reliability Engineer Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, operation and improvement of the Reliability and Asset Management Programs for a cGMP Cell & Gene Therapy facility. The qualified candidate will also manage all aspects of system/unit life-cycle, including failure analysis, and ensure that the highest levels of reliability, quality and performance are observed, as well as ,support global LPB sites for the promotion and development of reliability activities, methodologies and knowledge
- Implements, executes and improves applicable Predictive Maintenance technologies, Reliability Engineering methodologies, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), criticality assessments, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and Operational Excellence efforts centered on reliability.
- Provides troubleshooting support, guidance and recommendations to maintenance personnel, engineers, Quality Assurance and LPB global networks on mechanical reliability issues on cGMP and non-cGMP equipment identified during design phase, installation, or normal operations. Communicates lessons learned, knowledge and best practices.
- Lead the development and execution of sustainable programs, tools, processes and metrics to improve plant operability and reliability, assess equipment failures and recommend appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Analyzes asset performance data from available sources to identify reliability issues and develop engineering solutions to improve asset health and reduce risk. Solutions may include maintenance strategy modification, equipment modification, or asset replacement. Assists Engineering with the development of the business case to support capital investment for asset replacement.
- Participates in the design, development, and optimization of asset maintenance plans and spare parts assessments for new and modified assets to ensure reliability and maintainability.
- Manage outside contractor resources that perform Predictive Maintenance techniques and monitor the repair recommendations originating from contractors for technical accuracy and proper prioritization.
- Supports the review and approval of CMMS master data changes for assigned Asset.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in the field of Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- CMRP certification.
- Extensive Reliability Engineering experience. Must have experience in creating and implement site reliability and preventative maintenance program.
- Proven leadership experience, must be able to grow and develop a team.
- Experience in a cGMP regulated production environment strongly preferred.
- Well versed with MS Office products to include: Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Teams.
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.