Scientist, Research & Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Research & Development Scientist to join an internally focused Research & Development group focused on innovation in small molecules at their Bend, OR location.
- Utilize a wide range of laboratory techniques to execute experiments at a high level
- Proactively assist in designing, and executing model-based studies through assimilating and applying straightforward fundamental scientific theories
- Incorporate diverse pieces of information into experimental plans and interpretation of results
- Read and use the scientific literature to gain knowledge and to guide technical approaches
- Participate in the delivery of innovative solutions that leads to enhanced intellectual property, and assist in the preparation of manuscripts for publication and patent applications
- Effectively communicate individual results in oral and written format that support knowledge transfer or intellectual property deliverables
- Maintain an accurate and detailed laboratory notebook detailing experiments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Biology or related discipline required and 1-3 years relevant experience preferred
- Effective communication skills are required due to the multidisciplinary team structures
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.