Process Engineer II
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an experienced Process Engineer in their Bend, OR location.
- Manage scope/budget/timing or act as an engineering resources on projects supporting Research and Development, Operations and Facilities
- Perform troubleshooting and continuous improvement of equipment, processes and systems
- Design, improve, and validate equipment and processes within the facility
- Prepare, execute, and review engineering documentation, including: Risk Assessment (RA), User Requirement Specifications (URS), Functional Specifications (FS), Design Qualifications (DQ), Commissioning and Qualification and drawings/Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Prepare and execute change controls and validation protocols for new and existing Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) equipment
- Develop Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs) and execute Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP) reviews on all equipment, process and systems installations and modifications
- Support 24/7 production operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred. Equivalent education and experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Minimum High School Diploma is required.
- Seasoned engineering work experience
- Experience working in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.