Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is hiring an Automation Engineer to support ongoing operations through technical assistance related to the manufacturing and process systems. The Automation Engineer will provide technical support to operation’s customers to ensure that equipment and facilities are designed and operating optimally to meet production needs. The Automation Engineer acts as subject matter expert in site support on automation related issues and will help design, select and implement new process automation technologies. This position is located on site at Walkersville, MD.
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and process control systems utilizing historian data analyses, CIP/SIP circuit review, flow path analyses, logic review
- Planning and execution of plant projects involving complex automation changes and significant process improvements including lump sum capital projects. Execute test scripts (design , execution, simulation, validation support and SAT).
- Programming Distributed Control Systems (Emerson, Delta V, Siemens Building Management Systems and Factory Talk) and PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens and GE etc.)
- Wiring and troubleshooting electrical cabinets, signals and sensors
- Support plant communications network (Ethernet IP, Devicenet and Modbus)
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Automation Engineering required
- Experience from a Pharma or Biotech environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Managing small and medium projects with little direction.
- Able to interact with contractors, consultants and other resources as required.
- Microsoft Office, organization skills, record keeping and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.