Senior Group Leader- Method Validation
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Group Leader- Method Validation to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
Lead a team of scientists to deliver Customer method validation on time, on budget and in compliance with Lonza Biologics Safety and cGMP policies and specific regulations on behalf of the Quality Control function.
- Manage team performance, recruitment and retention by proactively coaching and mentoring staff
- Maintain required training and skills to execute duties
- Create realistic work plans deploying resources to deliver planned work schedule
- Manage progress, operational constraints and unplanned events to maintain schedule adherence
- Troubleshoot technical issues as required
- Monitor team’s overhead & BUP levels and timesheet accuracy
- Identify and manage individual and team training needs as per IDPs
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Engage with internal and external customers as appropriate to align customer needs with execution
- Leading to department strategic project
- Deputising for Head of Department
- Ensures regulatory and safety compliance in the lab
What we need you to have:
- BSc life Sciences qualified
- Significant experience managing and or supervised a team to deliver packages of work to a defined timeline within the Biologics/Pharma industry
- Previous experience leading and developing a team, this role will have upto 10 direct reports.
- Will ideally have a background within Engineering, Warehousing or Validation.
- Challenges the status quo and looks for opportunities to make improvements in his/her area of the business and beyond.
- Embraces new initiatives and drives successful implementation in his/her area
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.