Continuous Improvement Manager, Manufacturing Operations
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Continuous Improvement Manager of Manufacturing Operations is responsible to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of operations in cell culture, purification, and supporting operations. This role is responsible for managing safety, quality, compliance and improve the efficiency and productivity of manufacturing execution.
The Continuous Improvement Manager is accountable to reduce waste in business processes by standardizing processes. The incumbent is responsible to lead the preparation of operations relative to technical transfer including document preparation, equipment preparation, material readiness, schedule development and column packing preparedness. The incumbent drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and cultural leadership. This role partners with Quality Assurance to develop, modify, implement and operate quality systems aligned with Lonza standards. The incumbent is responsible for attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance. This role is capable at motivating others, creating a positive work climate where inter-departmental collaboration, coaching and performance feedback are continuous. Capable of clearly assigning objectives, clearly setting and measuring and monitoring progress, marshaling resources and handling competing priorities.
- Develops and refines processes to enable production staff to operate in an efficient and safe manner and in accordance with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
- Leads audit ready every day program, enabling production staff to prepare for audits and keep the shop floor in an audit ready every day state.
- Develops and refines programs to enable that the manufacturing facility to remain in a continuous state of readiness for production and GMP audits.
- Develop and support execution of capital plans to maintain and upgrade equipment including the introduction of new technology and equipment.
- Develops and refines programs to enable the department to manage safety, quality, cGMP compliance and efficiency, product delivery, batch release, and financial execution.
- Empowered to reach across functional areas and across phases of execution.
- Contributes in the development of the manufacturing strategy as a part of the manufacturing leadership team.
- Leads cross-function projects supporting department to achieve site vision and strategy, meet business KPIs.
- Train and mentor the manufacturing team. Create a high-performance team that emphasizes strengths-based execution, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement.
- Bachelors – Science
- Excellent GMP knowledge
- Advanced level in MS programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook)
- Understanding of process improvement LEAN, 6S, 6 Sigma techniques
- Change management experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.