Senior Human Resource Business Partner
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Sr HR Business Partner will have responsibility to drive consistency with regard to human resources practices across the site. Implements and coordinates change initiatives to support enhanced organizational effectiveness within the business. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Key deliverables include effective employee relations, recruiting, training system management, and organizational development and community relations. Facilitates implementation and execution of Human Resource policies, initiatives, processes and programs. Coaching and counseling to line management personnel. Responsible for coordinating and some delivery of management training and education. Provide leadership in the performance management and salary planning processes.
- Provide business support on a variety of HR related topics to the departments/ managers assigned. Key areas of expertise: Facilitation, Employee Development, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Assessment and Recommendations regarding policy and practice.
- Works with managers to develop and understand staffing requirements and human resources plans
- Will independently manage the most senior level projects or problems, involving HR.
- Provides coaching to managers and supervisors regarding performance, discipline and other related matters.
- Is experienced in dealing with employee relations issues and investigations and provides guidance to other team members.
- Develops and delivers training in key areas of HR responsibility including, but not limited to anti-harassment training, interview training, and supervisory training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in organizational development, HR, psychology or business administration required
- Masters degree in business or organizational development desired
- Advanced progressive experience in HR or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and labor relations
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- High level of integrity and ethics
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.