Project Manager, Kingston ON Canada
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking to fill the role of Project Manager in our Kingston, ON location. The Project Manager makes an important contribution to Lonza’s Personalized Medicine business unit by managing key product and business development initiatives. The Project Manager is responsible for interfacing with multi-disciplinary core teams across multiple geographies to reach defined milestones in the area of cell therapy and personalized medicine. The Project Manager will work with both internal and external stakeholders. The Project Manager will guide successful execution of activities in the areas of Engineering, Biology, Software, Quality, and Manufacturing.
Find out a bit more about the exciting work going on at our site: https://pharma.lonza.com/technologies-products/cocoon-platform
- Manage projects from initiation through planning, execution, controlling, and closing
- Coordinate project progress by developing timelines for core teams in liaison with other departments and clients, ensuring that milestones are achieved and budgets are upheld
- Provide input on feasibility of new projects, based on budget, timelines and human resources
- Identify, track, and escalate project risks, issues, assumptions, and decisions
- Ensure Lonza’s processes and systems are properly executed in all project settings
- Proactively find and supervise solutions to bottle necks, deviations, risks and changes which could lead to planning conflict or cost changes
- Managing and leading applicable internal and client communications/meetings
- Assisting in the development and training of other Project Managers as required
- This position requires accuracy, attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The project manager needs to be able to manage internal and external expectations and to communicate intensively and directly with key stakeholders
- Bachelors degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Business Administration
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Cell & Gene Therapy, Engineering, Medical Devices, Biotechnology
- Working Experience with Project Management
- Ability to influence 5 to 10 indirect reports at varying levels in a “matrix organization” environment (project team).
- Experience with Time and budget keeping for projects
- Good knowledge of GMP regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Project Management tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, PowerBI, SmartSheet)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.