Head of Sales Europe, Cell&Gene Therapy (m/f/d)
United Kingdom, Slough
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Sales Manager, CT Media is responsible for increasing sales (revenue and profit) by actively selling CT Media product lines to assigned existing and new pharmaceutical/ biotech / other customers in a designated territory. Provides field technical support for Cell Culture Media product lines. Gathers and communicates information on market trends and applications as well as on competitive activities. Works in close conjunction with Region’s Products Sales and Support Specialist as well as Key Account Managers and Export Distribution Managers when required
- Achieve sales targets by increasing product sales to existing and potential Pharma and Biotech (and academic) customers in a designated territory
- Manage all sales activities in a designated territory in alignment with KAM and SME. Proactively manage the sales cycle in a designated territory
- Manage all business aspects for accounts related to designated product line, including complaint handling, and managing internal company business or conflicts to support account needs
- Execute tactical activities plan developed by KAM by market segment within local KA sites
- Promote product lines by presenting product and technical information to all potential customers within the territory in conjunction with SME’s
- Gather and communicate information on market trends and applications as well as on competitive activities to SME’s, KAM, Marketing and R&T
- Accurately report financial forecast information for the designated territory on a regular and annual basis
- Bachelor`s degree Life Science, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry
- Significant sales experience Bioscience industry / academic sales experience
- Knowledge and experience in cell culture, microbiology and molecular biology or biotech/biopharm laboratory and/or manufacturing, preferred
- Core selling skills, including creating customer value, negotiation and closing, consultative selling, and effective sales presentation
- Fluent in German, English and French (preferred)
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with ability to articulate key technical concepts, as well as active listening skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.