Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer role supports ongoing Lonza operations by providing technical assistance as it relates to manufacturing and process systems. The role acts as a technical resource to operations customers to ensure that equipment and facilities are designed, operated, and maintained to meet production needs. Responsibilities of the role include implementation of engineering projects to support manufacturing requirements
- Supply chain analytical and forecasting development.
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Manage resolution of major equipment breakdowns and quality issues in the suites.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to Manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process equipment.
- Conduct troubleshooting and technical analyses on manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Assist with tech transfer of new processes into the facility.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Experience with typical mammalian manufacturing unit operations (Chromatography, Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration, Bioreactors, Centrifugation).
- Experience in biotech or other regulated industry.
- Experience in Project Management and coordination associated with the execution of projects in an industrial environment required.
- Experience with control systems such as PLC(Programmable Logic Controller), DCS(Distributed Control Systems), Loop controllers is highly desirable.
- Experience in the design and operation of Biopharmaceutical facilities, both manufacturing and support systems.
- Experience with fluid processing (pumps, valves, piping systems, tanks and transfers).
- Experience with CIP (Clean in Place)/SIP (Steam in Place).
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.